A Forgotten Hope Mini-Mod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Everybody. Enjoy your Visit.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Civilian class

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gumby

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-05-15

Civilian class Empty
PostSubject: Civilian class   Civilian class Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 5:04 am

I know little about mod making.

Suggestion. I'd love to see a map where the rest of your team-mates are of a civilian class. (ie no weapons or just knives). Your job would be to keep as many of them alive as possible from an invading enemy. I picture the map to be a townsite on a hill with a church in the middle that could be used to see the enemy approaching from all sides. That's my idea for the day.
Back to top Go down
deathfromabove2010

deathfromabove2010

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-05-05

Civilian class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilian class   Civilian class Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 5:28 am

...and your first post. welcome. well who'd wanna run around for an hour+ with nothing but a knife? answer that and I'll make it personally. the other problem is coding it. You'd probably have to code it as a whole new game mode, and lastly (not to put you down) well i may be wrong on this but...was there ever a battle where the enemy troops has orders to kill civilians intentially?
Back to top Go down
Paasky

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-05-06

Civilian class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilian class   Civilian class Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 7:23 am

You're talking of WWII here... Yes there was, several Neutral
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Army_atrocities_%28WWII%29#1939.E2.80.931942
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ss#The_SS_during_World_War_II
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_atrocities

A Warsaw Uprising map could have everyone spawn as civilians with maybe a random revolver/crappyrifle, with pickupkits around the map?
Back to top Go down
gumby

Civilian class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilian class   Civilian class Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 10:11 pm

(lol) In retrospect my post does seem kind of silly. I was thinking of a single player/coop game idea. Your whole team are civilians and you have to defend them idea. Not sure about what is possible or impossible in mod making. Let me change the question...

Is this mod being made with coop/single player capability in mind? They are never as fun but I think they give mods more longevity.
Back to top Go down
gumby

Civilian class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilian class   Civilian class Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 10:36 pm

Bonus reply

As for the bit about civilians being targeted I'd have to check that one out. I'm thinking Rawanda, or the Balkans, maybe Sadam gasing his citizens. Also any invading army has to deal with the home country's army hiding in their own cities.

New quesiton.... will this mod be Mac compatible? Downloadable as a .Zip and not just as a .exe?
Back to top Go down
RedSand
Admin

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Civilian class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilian class   Civilian class Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 11:45 pm

Yep^and Yep^
Back to top Go down
gumby

Civilian class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilian class   Civilian class Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 12:12 am

Any chance of introducing a sub-mariner class? A class that could scuba underwater to avoid detection. I saw on one of the Fun-Racing mod maps they had an alligator you could ride underwater, so the technology is out there to mimic. Unique play oportunities put mod's on the map.
Back to top Go down
deathfromabove2010

deathfromabove2010

Civilian class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilian class   Civilian class Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 1:05 am

you know, i've been meaning to look into some of that. i just started minor coding, so i'll probably finish up Darwin, maybe do a little more work on Moerdijk (:wink:) even though it wont be released till we open up to Holland then start screwin' around with different stuff to see what i can come up with
Back to top Go down
Paasky

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-05-06

Civilian class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilian class   Civilian class Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 1:24 am

Those Japanese midget-sybs would be nice to have Wink I could actually model them.
Back to top Go down
deathfromabove2010

deathfromabove2010

Civilian class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilian class   Civilian class Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:37 am

well get to it man. you model it and export it or w.e i'll code it and skin it or maybe adrifter will do it tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Civilian class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilian class   Civilian class Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Civilian class
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Forgotten Hope Mini-Mod :: Forgotten Nations :: General Discussion-
Jump to: